Included here are four quick recipes that take advantage of your microwave and still bring you a little luck of the Irish! Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 rounded teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- whipped cream
Combine the water, sugar, and instant coffee in an 8-ounce microwavable coffee cup. Cook uncovered 1 to 1 1/2 minutes at power level "Hi" or until hot.
Stir in whiskey and garnish with whipped cream.
- Yields: about 1 cup
- Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter and margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Place potatoes and water in a 3-quart microwavable casserole. Cook covered 9-11 minutes at Power Level "Hi" or until potatoes are tender, stirring twice while cooking. Let stand covered 5 minutes; drain. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
Combine remaining ingredients in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Cook uncovered 1 1/2 to 2 minutes at power Level "Hi" or until butter is melted and mixture is hot. Gradually beat milk mixture into potatoes until smooth. If necessary, reheat mashed potatoes by cooking covered 2 to 3 minutes at power level "Hi" or until heated through.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut up
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Dissolve cornstarch in milk. Combine all ingredients in 2-quart microproof casserole. Cover. Cook on power level "Hi" 6 to 7 minutes, or until cabbage is tender, stirring once during cooking. Stir and let stand 2 minutes before serving.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 6-7 minutes
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3-4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
Peel potatoes and quarter. Combine potatoes and water in 2-quart microproof casserole; cover. Cook on power level "Hi" 12-14 minutes, or until tender, stirring once during cooking; drain. Add butter, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir until butter is melted. Serve immediately.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 12-14 minutes