- 2 cups dry toasted Israeli pearl couscous
- 2 - 4 oz. dry weight yellowfin tuna in extra virgin olive oil - drained with oil reserved
- 3 T. basil pesto
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 T. sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped grilled vegetables - I used grilled zucchini and bell peppers
Cook the pearl couscous per the directions on the package. I like to use chicken broth instead of water for extra flavor.
While the couscous is cooking, drain the tuna well and mix the reserved oil from the tuna with the pesto and the juice of half of a lemon in a small bowl; set it aside.
When the couscous is ready, transfer it to a serving bowl and drizzle the lemony pesto over it. Toss it to evenly coat.
Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, onions, grilled vegetables, and tuna to the couscous. Drizzle the remaining lemon juice over it all and toss it again. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes