- 6 oz. asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 oz. frozen peas
- 6 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz. chopped plum tomatoes (1-2 tomatoes)
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup Greek salad dressing (Bottled is fine)
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled (I used tomato basil feta)
In a microwavable glass bowl, combine the asparagus with a few tablespoons of water. Either place a lid that allows steam to escape on the bowl or cover with heavy duty plastic wrap and poke a couple holes in it. Microwave the asparagus for 2 minutes; pour off the water and add several ice cubes plus the frozen peas. Add enough cold water to the bowl to cover the asparagus. Let that rest while you prepare the rest of the salad.
Combine the tomatoes, green pepper, red onion, olive and salad dressing in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine and evenly coat with the dressing. Drain the asparagus and peas and add them to the rest of the vegetables and toss again. Sprinkle crumbled feta over the top and serve.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes