- 2 medium zucchini, sliced in half and seeds scooped out
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined (double this amount if topping the stuffed zucchini with additional shrimp when serving)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasonings or more to taste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Manchego cheese
- 10 or so large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon or more of your favorite hot sauce, optional
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Prepare the zucchini and place in a baking dish; set aside.
Add the shrimp to a mixing bowl and coat with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Toss with the Cajun seasonings.
Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the other teaspoon of olive oil. Cook the onion and peppers about 5 minutes, allowing them to soften. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Scoop the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
Cook the shrimp in the same skillet for a couple minutes per side until cooked through. Cool and chop. Add the chopped shrimp to the mixing bowl with the vegetables.
Add the cheeses, basil, and hot sauce (if using). Mix well.
Scoop the mixture into the zucchini and bake 20-30 minutes at 375° F. If desired, top the zucchini halves with additional sautéed shrimp when serving.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes