- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 corn ears, kernels removed, or 3 cups of frozen kernels (thawed)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- A few dashes of hot sauce, optional
- 4 cups seafood stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with a bit of cold water
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Rice, for serving
- ½ cup chopped green onions, for garnish
Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a large skillet. Sauté the chopped pepper, corn kernels, and minced garlic until softened and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Add the wine and deglaze the pan over medium-high heat.
Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, and seafood stock (it's perfect, but chicken stock can be substituted). Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture gets bubbly - about 8 minutes.
Add the cornstarch and water slurry and stir constantly until the liquid is thickened. Turn the heat to medium-low, add the shrimp, stir to coat the shrimp, and put a lid over the skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes to fully cook the shrimp.
Serve over rice and sprinkled with green onions.
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes