- 1 sourdough baguette
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 ½ c. chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 ½ c. navel oranges, chopped, rind and pith removed
- 1 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. course salt
- 1 T. olive oil
- 4 oz. plain goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. high quality balsamic vinegar
Slice the baguette into slices about ¾-inch thick. Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil Toast the bread slices in a large frying pan over medium-low heat until golden brown on both sides.
Add the tomatoes and oranges to a small bowl; mix. Add the basil, oregano, salt, and olive oil; toss well to coat evenly.
Spread a thin layer of the goat cheese on each piece of toasted bread. Top with a generous helping of the tomato-orange mixture and drizzle lightly with the balsamic vinegar.
- Yields: About a dozen pieces (half batch is pictured)
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes