- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 T. canola oil
- 2 tsp. Country French Vinaigrette seasoning or other seasoning of your choice
- 1 T. cooking fat (I used bacon fat)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. Smoky 4/S Special Seasoned Sea Salt or other seasoned salt
- 10 ounces chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 small bunch green beans, lightly steamed
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced into wedges
- 2 oz. crumbled chèvre
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Combine the potatoes, canola oil, and Country French Vinaigrette seasoning in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Toss to coat evenly. Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until tender on the inside and crisp on the outside.
While the potatoes are roasting, heat the cooking fat of your choice in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté, turning often, until the exterior of the chicken is cooked and a bit crisp. Remove to a cutting board and carefully slice into bite-sized pieces. Return to the skillet and add the seasoned salt and continue sautéing until fully cooked. Remove from the heat and set aside.
On two large serving plates, arrange the lettuce, eggs, cucumber, green beans, and tomato. Add the warm potatoes to each of the plates as well as the chicken and sprinkle the top of the salad with the chèvre. If desired, serve with a creamy dressing, though this salad really can stand without one.
- Yields: 2 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes