- 1 round of brie - get something delightfully creamy
- 1-2 c. mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ c. pesto
- ¼ c. good quality olive oil
- 1 T. good quality balsamic vinegar
Place your brie in a baking dish slightly larger than the cheese you are using. I had a fairly large round, so I halved it and then split that half to form a "bowl" of brie with rind on the bottom and sides. Nearly any configuration will work. If your brie is a full round, score it on the top to help aid dipping later.
Arrange the tomatoes and fresh basil over the top of the brie, making sure to generously cover it.
Stir together the pesto, olive oil, and vinegar; drizzle the mixture around the brie to make a "moat" of additional flavor.
Bake the dip, uncovered, in a 400°F oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and soft. Serve with chips, crackers, and/or bread.
- Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes