Thai Pork Salad
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 2 limes, juiced + the zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 thin center-cut pork chops
- 2 T. chopped peanuts
On two serving plates, arrange the greens, cucumber, green onions, yellow pepper, and hard-boiled eggs. Set aside. (Refrigerate if you will be waiting to make the pork and assemble the rest of the salads.)
In a small resealable jar, combine the next seven ingredients (lime juice/zest through peanut butter) and shake vigorously to combine. Add additional lime juice if the resulting dressing is too thick.
Heat the canola oil in a small nonstick skillet and sauté the pork chops until they are cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side). When you've turned the chops the first time, pour about half the dressing over the meat and continue cooking. Remove the chops to a cutting board and slice into thin strips. Arrange the strips over the salad greens already on the serving plates.
Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salads, sprinkle with chopped peanuts, and serve.
- Yields: 2 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes