Quick Thai Noodles
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- ½ lb. fresh asparagus, cleaned and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 ramps or green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. red curry paste
- 1 T. rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ c. olive oil
- ½ c. peanuts, optional
- Hot sauce of your choice, optional
Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
While the pasta is boiling, sauté the vegetables in a nonstick skillet. You can add a little fat of your choice, if desired. When the vegetables are crisp-tender (about 7 minutes), add the next five ingredients (red curry paste through olive oil) and stir well to coat and form a sauce. Toss the veggies and sauce with the drained pasta. Serve in bowls with peanuts sprinkled over the top, if desired. If you want a little more heat, you can add a little sriracha sauce or hot sauce.
- Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes