Parsnip Bisque with Kettle Chip Croutons
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 c. peeled, chopped celeriac
- 2 c. peeled, chopped parsnip
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
- Half & half, to taste (optional)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Salt & pepper kettle chips - or your favorite variety
Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the celeriac and the parsnip to it and stir together. Sauté for 5-10 minutes or until slightly softened; add the stock and bring to the boil.
Turn the heat down and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
Puree the soup with an immersion blender. Add the half & half (if using); stir. Taste if you need to add any pepper and salt. Serve topped with kettle chips.
- Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes