- 3-5 sprigs fresh mint
- 8 oz. lemon-lime soda -- chilled
- 1/2 fresh lemon, cut from top to bottom into 4-6 thin wedges
- 1/2 c. blueberries -- cleaned
- Ice cubes
- 3-4 oz. white rum -- divided
- Additional fresh mint for garnishing
Crush the mint between your fingers (make sure your hands are very clean!) and place the crushed mint into the bottom of a large jar. Add the chilled soda and allow the mixture to rest while you prepare the rest of the drinks.
While the mint and soda are resting, divide the lemon wedges (squeeze some of the juice from each wedge into the glass before placing it), blueberries, and ice cubes evenly between two high-ball or other 8 oz. tall glass (I like using tall jelly jars). Add 1.5 - 2 ounces of white rum to each glass, according to taste. Add the soda, using a strainer to keep the mint leaves from falling into the glass. Stir lightly and garnish each glass with some fresh mint. Enjoy!
- Yields: 2 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes