Curried Kohlrabi Slaw
- 4 c. shredded kohlrabi -- peeled prior to shredding
- 1 1/2 c. shredded carrot
- 1/4 c. finely sliced green onion or garlic scapes
- 1/4 c. yogurt
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. curry powder -- choose your favorite variety
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Sliced almonds, for garnish
In a large bowl, mix together the shredded kohlrabi, carrot, and green onions or garlic scapes. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder, sugar, rice wine vinegar, and salt. Toss the dressing with the vegetables until well-coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with sliced almonds immediately before serving.
- Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes