This recipe is delicious, but oh so easy. It's a great recipe to serve company at a barbecue because it gets made ahead and sits in the fridge for a few hours until you are ready for it. The best summer entertaining recipes are ones that don't require the host and hostess to be in the kitchen cooking while guests lounge outside.
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Good pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Toss all the ingredients thoroughly in a large salad bowl. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: About 2 hours