- 8 oz. fresh asparagus, ends removed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 6 slices thick-cut smoked bacon
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 mini cucumbers, ends removed and sliced into coins
- 12 oz. torn iceberg lettuce
- 2-3 T. finely grated parmesan cheese
Lightly steam the asparagus for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. To stop the cooking process, plunge the freshly steamed asparagus into cold water, drain, and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
While the asparagus is steaming, fry the bacon in a skillet until it's crisp. Remove to cool and drain. Crumble and set aside. In the rendered bacon fat, saute the chicken breast. Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
In a large serving bowl, toss the asparagus, crumbled bacon, chicken pieces, cucumbers, lettuce and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes