Bloody Broken Glass Cupcakes
Party guests may be scared to eat these sharp-looking cupcakes until they see how tasty they are. First, choose your favorite cupcake recipe (vanilla looks good with the fake red blood), and choose a white or light-colored frosting so the red shows well. BakeThenEat suggests a red velvet cupcake with white frosting. To make the sharp glass shards:
- Line a shallow pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Bring sugar, water, corn syrup and cream of tartar to a boil in a saucepan, and stir constantly.
- Once it reaches 300 degrees, carefully pour the mixture into the lined pan.
- When the mixture is completely cool and hard, tap it with a heavy object to get the glass shards.
- Stick the shards on top of the cupcakes and drizzle red gel food coloring to complete your dangerous-looking dessert.