A Savory Twist on a Childhood Favorite
So why it took me all these years to formulate a savory version that works for dinner plans is beyond me! But ... better late than never, right?
This savory version of my childhood favorite pulls together ingredients common to pizza and makes them into a pull apart pizza that's dipped in tomato sauce before being enjoyed. It's a great dish for kids and fantastic picnic food, since it's finger food and eating outdoors leaves any mess there instead of on your table! Enjoy!
- 2 packages refrigerated biscuits
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c. sliced green olives
- 2 oz. pepperoni - cut into quarters
- 1 c. tomato sauce - choose your favorite variety
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 1 hour