- 4 cups thinly sliced unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 table spoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. can of Pillsbury crescent rolls.
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 375. Separate the crescent rolls and pat them into a 10-inch pie plate like a crust. Spread the mustard over the crust and set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onions and zucchini and sauté 10 minutes or until tender.
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add the cheese until it's all covered. Add the zucchini and after mixing well, pour into your pie pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. If the crust is browning too fast, cover the edges with foil. I serve this along with a garden salad for a quick meal.
- Yields: One 10-inch pie.
- Preparation Time: About 45 min to an hour.