- 1 can (6 ounces) light tuna fish, preferably packed in water, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste or freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Two 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 medium leaves Boston lettuce
- 1 Kirby cucumber, peeled and coarsely shredded lengthwise (without seeds)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado: peeled, pitted, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
Combine the tuna, 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise, and wasabi paste in a small bowl and mix until blended.
Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the mayonnaise on each tortilla and arrange the lettuce on top of both; arrange the cucumber, carrot, and avocado lengthwise in rows near one edge. Spoon the tuna in a line next to the vegetables (away from the edge). Roll each tortilla up snugly into a cylinder. Cut crosswise in half.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes