- 900g tomatoes, skinned and stoned
- 150ml olive oil, extra virgin
- 100g onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, roughly chopped
- 100g carrots, finely chopped
- 100g celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red chili, stoned and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon 5 pepper mixture
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 450g tagliatelle
Cut the tomatoes into cubes about an inch thick.
Heat the oil in a large pot and add the onions, ginger, garlic, carrots, celery, spring onions, and chili. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the sugar, salt, pepper, and chili oil. Stir-fry for another minute. Finally add the tomatoes, reduce the heat and simmer for half an hour.
Cook the tagliatelle in salted water, drain, pour into a large serving bowl, pour the sauce over the top and liberally grate parmesan over it before table serving.