- 3 medium peaches, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, 6 oz. each
Combine all ingredients except chipotle pepper and salmon fillets in a medium sized bowl. Stir until well mixed. Set aside for 1 hour.
Sprinkle salmon fillets with ground chipotle pepper. Prepare broiler. Place fish on broiler pan coated with cooking spray and broil for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately with 1 cup of salsa spread over each fillet.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes