- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free option)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets — each weighing about 6 ounces
Add the first eight ingredients (walnuts through soy sauce or tamari) to a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
Place your salmon fillets on a plate and spoon the mixture over each piece of fish, distributing it as evenly as you can. At this point, you can place them in the refrigerator, uncovered, until ready to cook.
Preheat your oven to 425°F.
Heat the oil in a large oven-safe, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. When your pan is nice and hot, add the pieces of fish and let them cook undisturbed for about 2 minutes.
Transfer the pan to the oven and continue cooking the fish for about 5-8 minutes, depending on desired doneness and thickness of the fillets. Serve the fish with the extra pan juices drizzled over the top.
- Yields: 2 servings (Recipe is easily multiplied)
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes