- Cooking spray
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 oz. breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1/2 large sourdough loaf, cut in half horizontally
- 1 1/2 c. grated asiago cheese
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Cook red pepper and onion in a skillet coated with cooking spray until crisp tender. Add mushrooms, sausage, spices and milk. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Meanwhile, combine white wine and cornstarch in a glass. Mix until thoroughly combined. Add to boiling sausage mixture and mix constantly until thickened. Remove from heat.
Place sourdough halves on an ungreased cookie sheet. Carefully spoon sausage mixture over the bread, leaving 1/4" border. Sprinkle generously with grated asiago cheese.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each pizza into 2-3 slices, depending on the shape of your loaf. Serve immediately.
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes