- 6 - 19 oz. cans beans, drained (I use a couple of different beans because I like the variations)
- ½ pound bacon, cut into sixths (you can use less, or omit it completely)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (I like a honey flavoured one for this, but you can use your own favourite)
- ½ cup tightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup (optional)
Place everything into a slow cooker and make sure it’s all well combined. Set the cooker on low and leave to simmer for 9 hours, stirring often. For best flavours, make this the day before and then slowly reheat it when you’re ready to serve it. It makes enough that there’s always plenty for a quick wiener and bean lunch the day after that.