- 6 cups cubed, frozen, hash brown potato
- 1 package (about 3 cups) shredded cheese (yellow or white)
- 6 vegetarian bacon substitute strips (we use Morningstar Farms)
- 1/2 cup grated, chopped onion
- 3/4 cup green and /or red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 6 extra-large farm fresh eggs (room temperature)
In a large a large skillet, cook the vegetarian bacon substitute until crisp. Remove vegetarian bacon substitute and crumble, set aside. Reserve 2-1/2 tablespoons of the drippings. Add potatoes, pepper, and salt to the drippings. Cook until brown and tender, stirring about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the stove and make 6 wells in the potato mixture.
Break an egg into each well, cover and cook on low heat for about 9 to 12 minutes, until set. Top with cheddar cheese and vegetarian bacon substitute and serve hot.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes