Fresh lime, curry powder, and creamy sour cream make a zesty dressing for this refreshing summer salad. In later phases, spoon it onto toasted whole-grain bread for a heavenly open-faced sandwich.
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ pounds peeled, deveined, and cooked medium fresh or frozen shrimp (thaw if frozen)
- 4 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, curry powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add shrimp, celery, and cucumber; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes 4 (1½-cup) servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Per serving: 330 calories, 17 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 37 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 670 mg sodium