- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breast, cut into strips & dipped in a light teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Dip the chicken strips as indicated.
Mix the remaining ingredients together.
Coat the chicken with the bread crumb mixture. Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until ready to bake them.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake the chicken strips for 15 minutes, turn the strips and continue baking until the strips are crisp and the cheese is melted, usually another 5 to 10 minutes.
I like to serve them with a spicy BBQ sauce for dipping but they’re great with plum sauce too. Alternatively, about 5 minutes before they’re done baking, they can be sprinkled with shredded sharp cheddar for a nice flavour surprise.
- Yields: depends on how hungry your crowd is!
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes