- 1 cup canned or mashed cooked fresh pumpkin
- 2 eggs slightly beaten (or substitutes)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light cream or milk
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange rind
Mix pumpkin with eggs, sugar, salt and spices. Stir in cream and orange rind and pour mixture into custard cups. Set cups in a shallow pan of hot water high enough to come almost to the top of the cups. Bake in a pre-heated slow oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until custard is firm.
If you have kids, the waiting time and the smell from the oven will make them crazy.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: About an hour and 15 minutes