- for 1 pound of pasta, cooked al dente
- 10 - 12 ripe red plum or Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- handful of fresh basil, shredded
- handful of fresh oregano, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 dried piquin peppers, broken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine tomatoes with the remaining ingredients and toss well; adjust seasoning to taste and set aside till pasta is done.
When pasta is cooked, drain, return to pot and immediately toss with tomato mixture. Toss well and serve with lots of fresh grated Parmiggiano.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes