For the chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 c. vinegar-based salad dressing -- choose your favorite variety
- 1/4 c. bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- 4 c. mixed greens -- cleaned, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 English cucumber -- sliced thinly
- 2 roma tomatoes -- coarsely chopped
- 2 T. diced red onion
- 10 baby carrots -- cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 c. plain yogurt
- 2 T. coarse mustard -- choose your favorite variety
- 1 T. honey
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper -- choose one with a heat that you like
To make the chicken, rinse the chicken breast halves with water and pat them dry. Cut them into bite-sized strips. Set them aside.
In a shallow bowl, pour the vinegar-based salad dressing and set the chicken pieces in the dressing. Flip them to coat evenly.
In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, salt and garlic powder. Mix to combine. Carefully transfer the chicken pieces to the breadcrumbs and flip to make sure they are evenly coated.
Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Transfer the chicken to the pan and lightly spray the side that is facing up with the cooking spray. Sauté the pieces for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through, turning once.
Meanwhile, prepare the salad by combining all of the ingredients (mixed greens through baby carrots) and tossing well. Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients (plain yogurt through ground red pepper) in a resealable jar and shaking vigorously to combine.
To assemble the salads, arrange the greens on two plates and place the cooked chicken pieces evenly over both plates. Drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- Yields: 2 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes