- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Maple topping
Combine oats and milk in a medium bowl; let stand five minutes. Add eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, and oil to oat mixture, stirring well.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, spice, and cinnamon in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Add oat mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
For each pancake, pour 1/4-cup batter onto a hot griddle or skillet coated with cooking spray. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Top each pancake with 1 tablespoon of maple topping.
- Yields: 16 servings
- Preparation Time: about half an hour