- 1 cup pepitas
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt - omit if any of the nuts or seeds are salted
Preheat the oven to 325° F. Lay a silicone baking mat over a large cookie sheet and set aside.
Mix the pepitas, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, and salt (if using) in a large bowl.
In a glass measuring cup, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla; stir to combine.
Pour the liquid over the nuts and seeds and toss to combine.
Place the mixture on the prepared cookie sheet and spread it into one even layer, letting the nuts and seeds touch each other so there is no space between them.
Bake for 10 minutes and then rotate the cookie sheet and bake another 5-10 minutes until the granola is lightly browned.
Let the granola cool completely - at least 20 minutes - before breaking it apart into chunks.
Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Yields: About 5 cups of chunky granola
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes