- 1 cup (dry) orzo pasta - regular or whole wheat
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 1 tsp. stone-ground or dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook the orzo in the chicken broth until al dente. Drain away any remaining liquid.
Slice the tomatoes in half. Chop the green onions and peppers. Chop the basil into strips and the feta into chunks.
Toss the drained pasta, vegetables, basil, and feta together.
Mix together the remaining ingredients in a resealable jar. Shake vigorously to combine. Drizzle the dressing on the salad and toss to blend. Add more dressing as needed. Chill until ready to serve.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes