- 350 grams cold cooked potatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder dissolved in
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 fresh green jalapenos, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- small piece lemon rind
Place the diced potato in a bowl, add the chili powder and stir lightly to mix.
Heat the oil in a large Teflon pan, add the onions, garlic and chili and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat until the onion is soft and slightly golden. Add the cumin and lemon peel and sauté 2 minutes more. Add the potatoes to the pan and fry 5 minutes, turning from time to time, until the potatoes are nicely browned. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with more minced jalapeno to garnish. Serve hot.
- Yields: depends on appetites!
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes