- 1 lb. large shrimp, shells on
- Juice of 2 lemons (about ¼ cup juice)
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ c. canola oil or other high smoke point oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼-½ tsp. crushed red pepper
Place the shrimp in a large, sealable container. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well to coat the shrimp. Allow the shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Heat your grill to medium heat and place a cast iron griddle over the flames to preheat. When the grill and griddle are hot, place the shrimp on the hot griddle. Close the grill and set a timer for 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and allow them to cook another 2 minutes before removing them to a serving plate.
- Yields: 2-3 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes, plus marinating time