- 6 cups chicken stock, heated to simmer
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 6 medium fresh jalapenos, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 pound grated parmiggiano
In a large heavy saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, jalapeno and garlic, turn heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook 2 minutes more, making sure to combine everything well.
Add stock gradually, 1/2 to 1 cup at a time stirring constantly, until the rice has absorbed almost all of the stock and is tender and creamy. This should take about 30 minutes in total. Stir in about 1/2 cup of the cheese and serve.
Have extra cheese and fresh black pepper handy for sprinkling on top.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes