- 4 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium-ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Wash and cut broccoli into 1/2-inch pieces, if using fresh broccoli.
Place broccoli and water in a shallow microwave dish. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring twice. They are finished when tender.
Drain the broccoli. Stir in spices and tomato wedges. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover. Microwave to melt cheese. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
- Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes