- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained (I used fire-roasted tomatoes)
- 1-2 T. tomato paste
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet (I like to cover mine with a silicone baking mat to make cleanup easier) and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper according to your tastes. Place the chicken in the preheated oven and set a time for 30 minutes.
While the chicken is baking, combine the remaining ingredients (onion through tomato paste) in a food processor and process until a chunky sauce forms. When the 30 minutes of bake time for the chicken has elapsed, remove it from the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350° F, and spoon the sauce liberally over the sizzling chicken. Return the chicken to the oven for another 30 minutes. Serve hot over your favorite rice.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 1 hour