The creaminess of the hummus and the crunchy vegetables combine to make a great lunchtime meal that can be carried anywhere.
- 1 whole wheat sandwich roll
- 2 T. hummus
- 1/2 cucumber -- peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 slices red onion -- chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes -- halved
- 1 T. chopped black olives
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spread the hummus liberally on the sandwich roll. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into the prepared sandwich roll.
- Yields: 1 servings
- Preparation Time: about 10 minutes