- 1 lb. lean pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bottle of mesquite marinade (such as Lawry's)
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, boiled and halved
- 1 carton of fresh mushrooms
- 1 carton of cherry tomatoes
In a medium frying pan, brown pork loin with 1/2 c. of the marinade. In the meantime, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss with remaining marinade.
Once the pork is browned on the outside but is still pink inside, arrange it and the vegetables on several skewers. The arrangement should look like: meat - mushroom - potato - meat - zucchini - tomato. Continue this arrangement until you have used all of your ingredients.
Place the skewers on a hot grill and cook for an additional 7 minutes per side or until the pork is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are slightly soft. You can continue to brush the skewers with remaining marinade throughout the grilling process.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes