- 16 ounces of fresh cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk.
- (Sometimes my Grannie added one cup of raisins and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves for Raisin Pumpkin Pie)
Prepare and roll out your own pie pastry.
In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin sugar and cinnamon salt ginger and nutmeg, then add eggs: lightly beat eggs into pumpkin mixture with a fork, add the evaporated milk and milk and mix very well.
Place pie pan on oven rack and pour your mixture into the shell filling it completely full, to prevent over browning of pie crust place foil in a thin strip around the edge of the pie. BAKE in a 375 oven for 25 min remove foil and bake another 30 min or until a knife comes out of the center clean.
- Yields: 1 deep dish pie