- cooking spray
- 1/2 c. chopped green pepper
- 1 T. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 (6-inch) French rolls, split lengthwise
- 3 oz. Canadian bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Coat a saucepan with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add green pepper, onion and garlic. Cook until tender, but not browned. Stir in tomato sauce and next 3 ingredients. Cook over medium heat until hot.
Spread sauce over cut sides of rolls. Top with bacon and cheese. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
To freeze, wrap each pizza in plastic wrap, then heavy duty aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 weeks.
To reheat, unwrap 2 pizzas (2 servings) and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes