- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 oz. crumbled feta cheese
Scrape out the center of the cucumber, discarding the seeds. Coarsely grate the cucumber into a colander and sprinkle with the salt; allow to drain for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the white wine vinegar, oil and garlic in a medium bowl. Allow the mixture to marinate while the cucumber is draining.
Squeeze the cucumber as dry as possible and blot on paper towels. Transfer it to a bowl with the garlic mixture; add the plain yogurt and feta cheese and stir.
- Yields: about 2 cups
- Preparation Time: about 45 minutes