- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 c. coarsely chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped yellow pepper
- 4 oz. quartered grape tomatoes
- 2 c. diced cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 tsp. taco or fajita or southwestern seasoning
- 6 avocados, halved
- 6 oz. shredded pepperjack cheese
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and pepper until softened and a little browned. Add the grape tomatoes, cooked chicken or turkey, and desired seasoning; cook until the tomatoes have nearly turned into sauce and the poultry is heated through.
Spoon the hot filling into each of the center of the halved avocados, heaping it slightly. Set each avocado half into a muffin tin. Sprinkle each avocado half with the shredded cheese.
Bake the avocados in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
- Yields: 4-6 servings (serving size = 2-3 avocado halves)
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes