- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small green cabbage, chopped into thin strips
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground ginger root
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- For garnish: black sesame seeds, chili oil
Add the ground pork to a large stockpot and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring and flipping occasionally, until the pork is lightly browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pork to a separate plate; reserve for later.
Add the olive oil and onion to the stockpot and stir to combine. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrot and garlic, and sauté for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cabbage, stock, ginger, and cooked ground pork; stir to combine.
Continue cooking until the soup reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the carrots and cabbage are tender. Stir in the sesame oil until combined.
Serve warm, garnished with your desired toppings.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes