- 1 single layer chocolate fudge cake (or if you want to be really decadent, you can make a tray of brownies and use them) cut into ½ inch squares
- 1 pkg. cooked chocolate pudding that you have allowed to partially cool, then stirred in ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and allow it to completely cool
- 1 large and 1 small tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Seven chopped up chocolate bars (originally, the recipe called for Skor bars, but I’ve made it with Caramilk and Crispy Crunch with great success as well. In fact the hands on favourite is Crispy Crunch bars)
The rest is easy. In a glass trifle bowl, you make layers. Start with pudding, cool whip, cake and chocolate bar bits (be generous with these), then repeat and keep repeating until your bowl is full or you run out of ingredients. Make sure that your final layer is cool whip (you may not need all of the topping) and that you’ve left enough chocolate bar bits to lightly sprinkle over the top.
Keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. Then just stand back and watch it disappear!!!
- Yields: 6-10 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes