- 1 lb. shelled large prawns or shrimp
- Juice of 2 limes (lemon may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup tequila (vodka, brandy, rice wine, or another liquor may be used as a substitute)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 oz. fresh chopped cilantro
Marinate the shelled prawns or shrimp in the other ingredients for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, under refrigeration in a close container. Skewer the prawns and grill them briefly, about 2 to 3 minutes per side over hot coals. Alternatively, broil them in a preheated oven for the same amount of time. Remove from skewers, arrange on a serving dish, and serve immediately. Garnish with sprigs of cilantro, lemon or lime wedges and slivered green onions.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes total