- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 cups peeled, sliced apples or peaches
- 1 cup frozen cherries or blackberries
- 2/3 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
To prepare the filling, combine the sugar, flour and lemon peel; mix well. Add the apples and cherries or peaches and blackberries; stir to mix. Spoon the mixture into a 6-cup baking dish.
For the topping, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add the melted margarine; stir to mix. Sprinkle the topping over the filling. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the top is browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: About 1 hour