- 1 - 9 x 13-inch pan of brownies (make your favorite recipe, use a mix, or pick 'em up from the store - make sure they are cooled)
- ½ c. butter, softened
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- 2 T. chilled coffee (great for using that last little bit in the coffee pot)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. mini chocolate chips
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Prepare the brownies and cool completely (or make sure you've picked them up from the store!) before beginning the other steps.
Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar until it's light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the cooled coffee and vanilla extract. Add the flour and mix until combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Gently spread the cookie dough mixture over the cooled brownies; refrigerate while preparing the ganache.
For the ganache, heat the heavy cream in the microwave for about a minute and pour it over the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips melt and a smooth chocolate ganache is formed. (If the chocolate does not melt, you may need to heat the mixture more in the microwave. Do not heat for more than 30 seconds at a time!) Pour the ganache over the cookie dough layer on the brownies and spread it out evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm. Cut into squares (or triangles). Keep any unused brownies refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Yields: 24-48 servings, depending on how you slice 'em
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes, plus time involved in making/getting the brownies