- 1 large onion -- sliced into thin wedges
- 2 medium zucchini -- sliced
- 1 red pepper -- cut into thin strips
- 1 eggplant -- cut into 1" chunks
- 4 large tomatoes -- cut into wedges
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 T. pesto
- 1/4 c. olive oil
Layer the vegetables in the order listed -- onions thru tomatoes -- in a large crockpot. Sprinkle the vegetables with the seasonings, pesto and olive oil and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and crusty bread for a light meal.
To make this stew heartier, add a can of drained, rinsed great northern beans before serving.
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes plus cooking time